Help Get Students Interested in Fluid Power with Student Career Connections
We know how hard it is to complete any to-do list in one day. That is why we developed the NFPA Student Career Connections program. This program is a great way to get high school students interested in fluid power, engineering and manufacturing and still be able to accomplish a few things on that to-do list.
Here is how this half-day program might look (keep in mind this can be adjusted to fit whatever time and resources you have to offer students):
- Students and teachers from a high school will tour your company
- An employee (or employees) from your company will speak to students about careers, what a day in the life is like, how they got into the industry, etc.
- Your employees will work with students to put together a basic fluid power classroom kit
- You could provide lunch if time allows
- Before the group leaves, NFPA will provide teachers with a fluid power curriculum that has been used in several Project Lead The Way (PLTW) schools
This program is a wonderful way to connect with students, make them more aware of fluid power careers and get more involved with your community.
Please let me know if you would be willing to host a Student Career Connections event at your company, college or technical school. Remember that this program offers a lot of flexibility and can be made to fit whatever you have to offer students to get them interested and involved in fluid power!
I can work with a local school (that you are already involved with) to invite students and teachers or, with your help, I can find some new options. This easy and inexpensive program has been very successful – one student even received an internship at NFPA member company, Price Engineering.
If you would like more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 778-3364.